“World heritage day:
Its a day that represents the unique identities and cultures of the various countries and peoples of the world.
There are only three designated UN Heritage sites in Uganda: Kasubi Tombs (2001), Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (1994), and Rwenzori Mountains National Park (1994).
However, the following are on the pending list:
- Bigo bya Mugenyi (Archaeological Earthworks( (1997)
- Ntusi (man-made mounds and Basin (1997)
- Kibiro (Salt producing village (1997)
- Nyero Rock Paintings (Ancient paintings in rockshelters) (1997)
- Mgahinga Gorilla National Park (2007)
As a Ugandan/African, whats your heritage. What cultural practice, identity or background would you front for the world to see. I was thus tempted to share random pictures from across Uganda that try to define who we are as a people.” - See more photography at Echwalu Photography